Follow us on Twitter!  @CHScounseling_

Get live text updates directly from the Guidance Department.  Text "join ltlgreen" to 810-10 or download the Remind app and enter the code "ltlgreen"

High School CEEB/ACT Code: 300355

The Guidance Department is located on the first floor of the Burns Building across from the Main Office. Based on the identified needs of its diverse student population, guidance services offered cover the areas of career, educational, and personal counseling.

Guidance Services 

Click here for a general timeline for college preparation

Students are encouraged to continuously research careers by availing themselves of pertinent information in the Occupational Outlook Handbook, and career magazine handouts. Post-secondary planning is an ongoing process that yearly proceeds with the selection of appropriate courses, the administration and interpretation of testing, the availability of college and financial aid seminars, and the distribution of various college planning materials. An open door policy allows students to seek the assistance of their counselors. Encouraging students to make good decisions is a primary goal of guidance. If a referral is needed, a positive liaison with various outside agencies has been established to assist students.

Special Educational Programs

The Central High School Special Education Department provides programs for students who have been identified as educationally handicapped. The Special Education staff works with parents and students to develop individual educational plans for the student based on the students' needs. A wide variety of services within are available while, in addition, the Special Education Department maintains a close cooperation and communication with community social service agencies. Student programs are designed to assist the student with being able to better cope with the requirements of high school. Students may be referred to the Special Education Department by their previous school, guidance counselor, teachers, parents, etc. Placement is based upon meeting the requirements established for these programs.

Frequently Asked Questions and Important Numbers.

Below you will find phone numbers of departments you may find helpful in your transition into Central High School. We have also included answers to frequently asked questions people new to the school often have. Please let us know if there is anything else that you need. Welcome to Central!

  • Manchester Transit Authority-for bus schedules and information 623-8801
  • Manchester School Department 624-6300
  • Manchester Community Health Center 626-9500
  • Health Department 624-6466
  • Office of Employment Security 627-7841
  • Info-Bank- for answers to questions regarding social services in the city 668-8600
  • Manchester City Library 624-6550
  • Welfare Office 624-6484
  • YMCA 623-3558
  • YWCA 625-5785
Items listed below are issues that usually come up during the school year.
  • Working papers are obtained through secretary in Main Office located in the Burns Building.
  • Physicals are required for participation in all school athletics and are good for one calendar year.
  • Free and reduced lunch forms are located in the Assistant Principal's Offices and should be returned to your student's Assistant Principal's secretary. 
Alumni Transcripts request click here

For information about the Francis Wayland Parker Scholarship program, go here

Recent Announcements

  • College Fair at Trinity
    Posted Sep 20, 2018, 5:26 AM by William Cannon
  • PSAT on 10/10/18 2018 PSAT is coming to CentralWEDNESDAY, October 10thThe Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMQST) is offered once a year. The PSAT/NMSQT evaluates the skills ...
    Posted Sep 18, 2018, 11:21 AM by William Cannon
  • Military Service Academy Night
    Posted Sep 17, 2018, 11:15 AM by William Cannon
  • SNHU College Fair Central seniors are invited to attend a college fair at SNHU on 9/27.  Permission slips must be returned to their counselor by Friday, 9/14 if you would like ...
    Posted Sep 11, 2018, 9:17 AM by William Cannon
  • BAE Systems FOCUS program FOCUSFOCUS "Fostering opportunities and careers utilizing STEM"BAE Systems FOCUS (Fostering opportunities and careers utilizing STEM) engages high school aged students in the Southern New Hampshire and Northern Massachusetts ...
    Posted Aug 27, 2018, 6:19 AM by William Cannon
Showing posts 1 - 5 of 148. View more »

FAFSA Assistance

Use the link below to make an appointment with financial aid counselors, who will be available in guidance every Friday.  See your counselor with any questions.

It is recommended, but not required, to bring the following to your appointment:

  • Federal tax return (1040, 1040ez, etc)
  • Social security numbers for parents and student
  • Checking and savings account balances
  • Balance of other non-retirement assets and second property equity information
  • List of colleges applying to
  • Alien registration card (if applicable)

Twitter Timeline

Manchester High School Central Program of Studies